Thursday, August 21, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 316191 times)

civil42806

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #3420 on: January 04, 2013, 02:50:12 AM »
The Jags have a great punter!

Would you grow up already?  ::)

hey if Gene smith had hung around I understand he had his eye on a long snapper in the first round, you know you have to take a starter  every time

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #3421 on: January 04, 2013, 08:27:36 AM »

hey if Gene smith had hung around I understand he had his eye on a long snapper in the first round, you know you have to take a starter  every time

And if that long-snapper also played DE, I would be completely fine with it.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

civil42806

« Reply #3422 on: January 04, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »

And if that long-snapper also played DE, I would be completely fine with it.

If he did , bet he would be on IR within two weeks

Gators312

« Reply #3423 on: January 04, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Vito Tweeted earlier that Mr. Khan flew to Atlanta & back today - from Cecil Field.  I wonder if that's a charter - or, does he keep a luxury jet/flying Kismet there as well?

It is his private jet, which I would imagine he owns. He really has ALOT of money. BTW- did anyone else notice his hair looks like an afro? LOL

On the Big Cat Country website, someone found a means of tracking Khan's private jet.  It has been to Atlanta a couple of times and to San Jose, so interviews with Gamble from SF and Caldwell from the Falcons are presumed.

If you know the tail number -- www.flightaware.com is your friend.

funwithteeth

« Reply #3424 on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »

Uh oh....

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #3425 on: January 04, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

If you know the tail number -- www.flightaware.com is your friend.

Yep, it's a FlightAware track they're doing.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Dapperdan

« Reply #3426 on: January 04, 2013, 03:38:39 PM »
Blow it all up. I am all for it. Mularkey didn't really show me anything this year. I know the talent level was low, but winning only 2 games is baaadd.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3427 on: January 05, 2013, 01:50:40 AM »
Blow it all up. I am all for it. Mularkey didn't really show me anything this year. I know the talent level was low, but winning only 2 games is baaadd.

That coupled with injuries starting in game one that continued to pile up didnt help anything either. The coaching piece is going to be a mess for Khan to untangle and make the right decision. It was just so much happening this year, it was very odd.
Jaguars 2.0

duvaldude08

« Reply #3428 on: January 05, 2013, 01:52:44 AM »
Since I didnt become a Jags fan until 2010, I was watching highlights from 2004 and I seen Greg Jones. How long has been playing for us??? I had no idea he had been around that damn long. Hell that was 9 years ago. Was that his first year with us, or his second?
Jaguars 2.0

spuwho

« Reply #3429 on: January 05, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »

Uh oh....

Agreed. Though I would imagine they probably got requests to interview from other teams looking to replace coaches. In all fairness, if the owner hasn't made a commitment on his GM yet, why mandate everyone stick to their contracts?

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #3430 on: January 05, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »
Yeah 04 was Greg Jones' first year. He had a few seasons that he sat out because of knee injuries, so I guess you can really say he hasn't played 8 full seasons at this point.

OakleafJags

« Reply #3431 on: January 08, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
@JayGlazer: Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract.

JaxJag

« Reply #3432 on: January 08, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
I hear the same

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #3433 on: January 08, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »
Done deal with Caldwell.

DuvalDude - Greg Jones was one of two second round picks in the '04 draft along with Daryl Smith.  At the time he was perceived more as a power halfback than a fullback and as a complementary back to Fred (one of several the Jaguars tried to use to spell Fred before striking gold with MJD).  He had 62 carries in 2004, 151 in 2005 (when Fred was injured for part of the year).

In '06 he missed the entire year with injury and then reinvented himself as the quality fullback we know and love today.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

ben says

« Reply #3434 on: January 08, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
Caldwell is great news, is it not?