Monday, September 1, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 322687 times)

avonjax

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #3285 on: December 11, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
I agree Copperfield. Thats a cake ass schedule compared to what weve dealth with the pass two years. Aside from Houston, Denever and San Fran, the rest of the teams suck. BAD. (seattles defense is pretty good though) And Im not afraid of the Colts. We already took Luck down once, and would have won the second time had our offense not fell asleep. Given, things in the NFL change quickly from year to year, but if we play like we have some sense, we may finally be able to pull off a winning record. That is an easy schedule. God thats any easy schedule. I hope we turn things around in the offseason

You have a point too, but.....
If the Colts do as well as this year and Houston stays at least where they are even if we get much better we will probably be 3rd in the division.
History has proven that 3rd place teams don't make the playoffs.
Although I would settle for just being substantially better at this point.

I loved the AFC south when it was competitive. We had a rep for be one of the toughest divisons and I loved it. It wouldnt be fun to dominate a weak divison (like the Texans are doing now)
If the season plays out the way it has we will be the only team not to win the division and I don't like that.

Bridges

« Reply #3286 on: December 11, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »

I loved the AFC south when it was competitive. We had a rep for be one of the toughest divisons and I loved it. It wouldnt be fun to dominate a weak divison (like the Texans are doing now)

I don't understand why you would want our division to be good.  I want our division to be bad every year so we have a better chance of making the playoffs.  It's not college, we don't get voted up by how tough or good our division is. 
So I said to him: Arthur, Artie come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The life of a salesman. That's what people want to see.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3287 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:18 PM »
I agree Copperfield. Thats a cake ass schedule compared to what weve dealth with the pass two years. Aside from Houston, Denever and San Fran, the rest of the teams suck. BAD. (seattles defense is pretty good though) And Im not afraid of the Colts. We already took Luck down once, and would have won the second time had our offense not fell asleep. Given, things in the NFL change quickly from year to year, but if we play like we have some sense, we may finally be able to pull off a winning record. That is an easy schedule. God thats any easy schedule. I hope we turn things around in the offseason

If the Colts do as well as this year and Houston stays at least where they are even if we get much better we will probably be 3rd in the division.

If the season plays out the way it has we will be the only team not to win the division and I don't like that.

Umm the Titans have never won the divison have they? I dont remember them winning it. The colts pretty much dominated since 2002 and I know we were  in the divison from about 3 or 4 years.
Jaguars 2.0

duvaldude08

« Reply #3288 on: December 11, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »

I don't understand why you would want our division to be good.  I want our division to be bad every year so we have a better chance of making the playoffs.  It's not college, we don't get voted up by how tough or good our division is.

I like competition and a challange. Just something personal. Winning a weak division doesnt mean much. Look at the 7-9 Seahawks. They were in the playoffs and right back out the next week. I want to conquer a strong division where have to fight and claw to win. Again, I love a challange.
Jaguars 2.0

avonjax

« Reply #3289 on: December 11, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »

Umm the Titans have never won the divison have they? I dont remember them winning it. The colts pretty much dominated since 2002 and I know we were  in the divison from about 3 or 4 years.

The Titans won it in 2002 and 2008
Houston last year and probably again this year
Jacksonville's best was 2nd. Once.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3290 on: December 11, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
Ahhhhh I see. They won the division in 2002. I knew I didnt have  recent memory of that. But honestly, Im more concerned about making the playoffs. Its all good to win the division, but if you sneak on a wild card and end up at the superbowl, winning the divison doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
Jaguars 2.0

avonjax

« Reply #3291 on: December 11, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
I must correct myself. We have finished 2nd 4 times. One of those was with an 8-8 season.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3292 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
I must correct myself. We have finished 2nd 4 times. One of those was with an 8-8 season.

Yeah I was just looking online myself. But heres the thing..winning the divison doesnt guarentee a super bowl visit. If sneaked in on a wild card and made the superbowl, in the grand scheme of things a divison doesnt mean much. Doesnt matter how you get there, as long as you get there.
Jaguars 2.0

avonjax

« Reply #3293 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Ahhhhh I see. They won the division in 2002. I knew I didnt have  recent memory of that. But honestly, Im more concerned about making the playoffs. Its all good to win the division, but if you sneak on a wild card and end up at the superbowl, winning the divison doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
The 2007 Giants won the Superbowl as a wildcard team. They beat the undefeated Patriots so anything can happen as long as you make the playoffs.
The 1996 Jaguars are another example of anything can happen.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3294 on: December 11, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
The 2007 Giants won the Superbowl as a wildcard team. They beat the undefeated Patriots so anything can happen as long as you make the playoffs.
The 1996 Jaguars are another example of anything can happen.

Yup. Through it all, I still love the Jags. People have hated us from day one, and thats never going to change to be honest. But were just having a tough time right now. I think it hurts Jacksonville more than any other NFL city with a losing team because we are emotionally connected to the Jaguars. So when we do bad it hurts BAD. Even people in Jacksonville that are not Jaguar fans are extremely concerned about the team.
Jaguars 2.0

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3295 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
Jaguar cast off (Dujuan Harris) scores for Green Bay...

That’s because Grant immediately gave way to Harris, who blasted ahead for five yards before he got a great block from pulling guard Evan Dietrich-Smith that cleared a huge lane for his 14-yard score, Harris' first career TD.

A second-year back who appeared in five games for Jacksonville last season and then was signed to the Packers’ practice squad six weeks ago, Harris moved up to the active roster just eight days ago. He actually started Sunday night’s game and showed a great burst on a pitch around right end on the Packers’ first snap, gaining 11 yards.

Listed at 5-8 and 203 pounds, the quick-footed Harris certainly packs a punch when he runs. He finished with seven carries for 31 yards

I was upset when we let him walk. He has the potential to be very exsplosive. It was good to see him doing well last night.

Vic Ketchmans "Ask Vic" is alive and well in Green Bay...

Vic, can you tell us more about DuJuan Harris? He's obviously one of those jars on the shelf you talk about and the Packers must see some upside in him. Watching him run, I couldn't help but think of Ray Rice.

That’s a good comparison. Harris was a jar on the shelf in Jacksonville last year. General Manager Gene Smith astutely identified Harris as a player of talent and upside. Interim Head Coach Mel Tucker even referred to Harris as the most improved player on the roster. Eventually, Harris came free and the Packers put him on their shelf. Identifying talent is very important, but committing to it and developing it is what rewards the scouting process.

In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

copperfiend

« Reply #3296 on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
Ol' Vic is still a Gene apologist.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3297 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
I just got finished shutting down the haters on NFL.com. MJD and Fred Taylor were list as one of the top running back tandems of all time and the haters didnt like that too much. MJD and Taylor were the driving force that fuled our winning ways and were the main reason we actually made it so far 2007. (yes, it had very little to do with Garrard in my opinon.) Even that Colts game in 2006 they registered the 3rd most rushing yards in a single game in NFL history. Some panthers fan said they had the best duo? Bitch please  ::)  ;D
Jaguars 2.0

PeeJayEss

« Reply #3298 on: December 12, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Look out. This is going to be huge.

http://youtu.be/1CFa-d0ry_0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CFa-d0ry_0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1CFa-d0ry_0</a>

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #3299 on: December 12, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
 ^ lol that was pretty cute. Hope it goes a lil viral and maybe Mr. Khan sees it.