Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 918679 times)

avonjax

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #3285 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Ahhhhh I see. They won the division in 2002. I knew I didnt have  recent memory of that. But honestly, Im more concerned about making the playoffs. Its all good to win the division, but if you sneak on a wild card and end up at the superbowl, winning the divison doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
The 2007 Giants won the Superbowl as a wildcard team. They beat the undefeated Patriots so anything can happen as long as you make the playoffs.
The 1996 Jaguars are another example of anything can happen.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3286 on: December 11, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
Ahhhhh I see. They won the division in 2002. I knew I didnt have  recent memory of that. But honestly, Im more concerned about making the playoffs. Its all good to win the division, but if you sneak on a wild card and end up at the superbowl, winning the divison doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
The 2007 Giants won the Superbowl as a wildcard team. They beat the undefeated Patriots so anything can happen as long as you make the playoffs.
The 1996 Jaguars are another example of anything can happen.

Yup. Through it all, I still love the Jags. People have hated us from day one, and thats never going to change to be honest. But were just having a tough time right now. I think it hurts Jacksonville more than any other NFL city with a losing team because we are emotionally connected to the Jaguars. So when we do bad it hurts BAD. Even people in Jacksonville that are not Jaguar fans are extremely concerned about the team.
Jaguars 2.0

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3287 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
Jaguar cast off (Dujuan Harris) scores for Green Bay...

That’s because Grant immediately gave way to Harris, who blasted ahead for five yards before he got a great block from pulling guard Evan Dietrich-Smith that cleared a huge lane for his 14-yard score, Harris' first career TD.

A second-year back who appeared in five games for Jacksonville last season and then was signed to the Packers’ practice squad six weeks ago, Harris moved up to the active roster just eight days ago. He actually started Sunday night’s game and showed a great burst on a pitch around right end on the Packers’ first snap, gaining 11 yards.

Listed at 5-8 and 203 pounds, the quick-footed Harris certainly packs a punch when he runs. He finished with seven carries for 31 yards

I was upset when we let him walk. He has the potential to be very exsplosive. It was good to see him doing well last night.

Vic Ketchmans "Ask Vic" is alive and well in Green Bay...

Vic, can you tell us more about DuJuan Harris? He's obviously one of those jars on the shelf you talk about and the Packers must see some upside in him. Watching him run, I couldn't help but think of Ray Rice.

That’s a good comparison. Harris was a jar on the shelf in Jacksonville last year. General Manager Gene Smith astutely identified Harris as a player of talent and upside. Interim Head Coach Mel Tucker even referred to Harris as the most improved player on the roster. Eventually, Harris came free and the Packers put him on their shelf. Identifying talent is very important, but committing to it and developing it is what rewards the scouting process.

In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

copperfiend

« Reply #3288 on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
Ol' Vic is still a Gene apologist.

duvaldude08

« Reply #3289 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
I just got finished shutting down the haters on NFL.com. MJD and Fred Taylor were list as one of the top running back tandems of all time and the haters didnt like that too much. MJD and Taylor were the driving force that fuled our winning ways and were the main reason we actually made it so far 2007. (yes, it had very little to do with Garrard in my opinon.) Even that Colts game in 2006 they registered the 3rd most rushing yards in a single game in NFL history. Some panthers fan said they had the best duo? Bitch please  ::)  ;D
Jaguars 2.0

PeeJayEss

« Reply #3290 on: December 12, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Look out. This is going to be huge.

http://youtu.be/1CFa-d0ry_0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CFa-d0ry_0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1CFa-d0ry_0</a>

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #3291 on: December 12, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
 ^ lol that was pretty cute. Hope it goes a lil viral and maybe Mr. Khan sees it.

Tacachale

« Reply #3292 on: December 12, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »
UH dorable.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Gators312

« Reply #3293 on: December 13, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
Don't you guys understand Parity?!?!?  There is a process!  Gene has a process!  We can't begin questioning Gene now! It will only get worse if we get rid of him now!  8)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3294 on: December 13, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2012-12-13/jaguars-josh-scobee-nominated-award

Jaguars' Josh Scobee nominated for award

Submitted by Ryan O'Halloran on December 13, 2012 - 10:03amRyan O'Halloran's Blog

Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee is one of 10 nominees for the 2013 Bart Starr Award, given to a player for “outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community.”

The other nominees: Nnamdi Asomugha (Philadelphia), Matt Birk (Baltimore), Chad Greenway (Minnesota), Matt Hasselbeck (Tennessee), Philip Rivers (San Diego), Brad Smith (Buffalo), Joe Thomas (Cleveland), Justin Tuck (New York Giants) and Jason Witten (Dallas).

The winner will be announced on Feb. 1 in New Orleans. It is determined by a vote of NFL players.

Scobee joined the Jaguars in 2004 and this year became the franchise leader in points (now 833) and field goals (now 188, on 235 attempts).

This year, Scobee is 21 of 23 on field goals.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

duvaldude08

« Reply #3295 on: December 13, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Im so excited for Cecil Shorts. He's been my bright light this season. It just sucks that such a terrible season kinda overshadows his performance. EVen with missing a game, he is already over 800 yards receiving. With three games left he will be at 1,000 or more depending on if he continues to catch and run. We waited a LONG time for a receiver like this. After a rough season last year, Im super excited for him. If Blackmon can have a second year like he did, were gonna be in business next season.
Jaguars 2.0

Gators312

« Reply #3296 on: December 13, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
Im so excited for Cecil Shorts. He's been my bright light this season. It just sucks that such a terrible season kinda overshadows his performance. EVen with missing a game, he is already over 800 yards receiving. With three games left he will be at 1,000 or more depending on if he continues to catch and run. We waited a LONG time for a receiver like this. After a rough season last year, Im super excited for him. If Blackmon can have a second year like he did, were gonna be in business next season.

Now here is something I can agree with!  Shorts has been a real surprise for this team, and honestly probably one of the biggest surprises in the whole NFL in 2012.

I just hope he doesn't pull a Mike Thomas (820yds in 2010 then steep decline).

duvaldude08

« Reply #3297 on: December 13, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Now here is something I can agree with!  Shorts has been a real surprise for this team, and honestly probably one of the biggest surprises in the whole NFL in 2012.

The Major difference in the Thomas and Shorts. Shorts has the highest yards per catch in the NFL right now.He can haul in anything, any distance, from any QB.  Thomas was never a big play threat in 2010, he was just good. Shorts is a completely different caliber. He is the only one in a decade that can be compared to Jimmy Smith. I was never that high on Mike Thomas personally. Shorts is by far the most entertaining Jaguar since MJD. Its been a blast watching him play.
Jaguars 2.0

Gators312

« Reply #3298 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »

The Major difference in the Thomas and Shorts. Shorts has the highest yards per catch in the NFL right now.He can haul in anything, any distance, from any QB.  Thomas was never a big play threat in 2010, he was just good. Shorts is a completely different caliber. He is the only one in a decade that can be compared to Jimmy Smith. I was never that high on Mike Thomas personally. Shorts is by far the most entertaining Jaguar since MJD. Its been a blast watching him play.

I too believe that Shorts is much more talented than Thomas and the same kinda
drop off is unlikely.  Just a snakebitten as we have been, any excitement will be tempered!

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #3299 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
lol @ anyone still pleading Gene Smith's side. It's a wrap for that dude.