Follow Us

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Southside's Tapestry Park  (Read 2292 times)

RiversideHusker

Re: Southside's Tapestry Park
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
I love "The Flame Broiler." It's a great place for a healthy, quick lunch...love their magic sauce! I really enjoy Tapestry Park but I only go there because I work at Merrill, otherwise I'm never in the area.

Selfishly I really wish they had a dedicated right-turn lane off Gate Parkway turning north onto Southside Blvd. Also wish the right turn off Southside into Tapestry Park (right by the round about) had been extended all the way to the exit off Butler...would just ease up the traffic congestion before and after work.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:18:36 PM by RiversideHusker »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »
I haven't been to Tapestry Park in a good year.  There appears to be a lot more retail and dining options there now.  One of these days, I'll have to head out there and check it out.  As for the layout, I personally think that zoning regulations on the Southside and around SJTC should be modified to allow developments like this to naturally happen instead of forcing the developer to go through the PUD process to construct a semi-walkable project.  If you ask me, the PUD/zoning variance process should be reserved for those attempting to construct low density autocentric development.  Given the popularity of the area and the significant amount of public money invested there, we might as well promote as much density as possible in this Edge City.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:23:45 PM by thelakelander »

danem

• hoot hoot
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »
This city is really spread out, and I think there SHOULD be places like this all over as the city grows--and yes, it will grow. They would be urban hubs, if you will. Downtown is great and should certainly be built back up, but it's over 10 miles away from this spot.

TheProfessor

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
Where are all of the people!

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 05:48:14 AM »
There's not enough critical mass of people or mix of uses to generate a steady stream of pedestrians walking on sidewalks.  The majority of retail/dining users still drive to these businesses. 

SarahTay

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
Where are all of the people!

They were also taken at around 5 p.m. on a Monday ... prime leaving work time!

fieldafm

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
As for the layout, I personally think that zoning regulations on the Southside and around SJTC should be modified to allow developments like this to naturally happen instead of forcing the developer to go through the PUD process to construct a semi-walkable project.

Seeing as though 'densifying' this corridor is a major component of the Mobility Plan, what is the next step in this area?  I know there is a plan to have a walking/bike path along Southside Blvd... how specifically can the Mobility Plan be enhanced to encourage more mixed-use along this corridor... is it all zoning-related at this point now that the mobility fee structure is in place?  So you're saying it's the reverse now?  You have to get a PUD variance to create a mixed use high density development in this corridor?

Construction is about to begin on the stoplight outside of Blue Cross on Gate.  JTA did have plans for a lunchtime trolley service along Gate Parkway linking up with the Town Center.... but I think Blue Cross' money going towards paying for a portion of the traffic light has temporarily suspended the PCT trolley plans.

theroses

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Roses-Gourmet-P
    • The Rose's Gourmet Pasta Shop

theroses

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Roses-Gourmet-P
    • The Rose's Gourmet Pasta Shop
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »
Come to The Rose's Gourmet Pasta Shop & receive 10% off your whole purchase. Good thru 9/10/11
We have over 30 flavors of dried pasta ranging form chocolate pasta to habenero pasta ! We also carry pasta sauces,flavored oils & vinegars,dessert sauces and cook books. we do have some gluten free pasta & sauces !!!

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
Seeing as though 'densifying' this corridor is a major component of the Mobility Plan, what is the next step in this area?  I know there is a plan to have a walking/bike path along Southside Blvd... how specifically can the Mobility Plan be enhanced to encourage more mixed-use along this corridor... is it all zoning-related at this point now that the mobility fee structure is in place?

Transportation wise, the widening of Southside Blvd is a priority project in this particular mobility zone, in the same manner that a streetcar is the priority project for Riverside.  Widening Southside will help this area in many ways.  For example, the widening to six lanes would also include better lighting, sidewalks, a multiuse path and intersection improvements that help pedestrians and bicyclists cross the street.  These improvements will also help JTA's plans to provide BRT service on Southside Blvd between Regency and the Avenues.  However, the best thing the Mobility Plan can do for this area is a revision of land use policy.

So you're saying it's the reverse now?  You have to get a PUD variance to create a mixed use high density development in this corridor?

Hopefully, eventually.  At this poing the plan has modified the 2030 Comp plan to allow for future projects to build with higher densities.  Yet, one thing to consider is that high density development can also be built in an autocentric fashion.  For proof, look at the apartment and condo complexes along Southside between Touchton and I-95.  Imagine if all of those complexes had been developed similar to Tapestry Park?  We'd have two miles of walkable mixed use neighborhoods in the heart of the Southside.

So good land use and zoning modification could reverse how we build in this area today.  If I had it my way, the land use and zoning should be modified to make autocentric development have to apply for PUDs and variances.  Luckily, over the next year or so, Jacksonville's land use and zoning will be modified to support the goals of the Mobility Plan.

BrockAU

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 12:22:49 AM »
Noticed a "Starbucks Coming Soon" sign in the vacant lot in front of A Loft. Smart move. I'm assuming it will have a drive thru.  Also, don't move into the Tattersall at Tapestry Park apartments. Worst place I've ever lived...it's run by a bunch of morons. And since the ownership/managment change, the once young professional tenants have been replaced with a bunch of partiers. I can't wait to get out of here. I do love the area though.

duvaldude08

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »
I stay in Baymeadows and I am seriously thinking of moving in the urban core. They can have this SS suburbia crap.
Jaguars 2.0

fieldafm

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:23:20 AM »
So good land use and zoning modification could reverse how we build in this area today.  If I had it my way, the land use and zoning should be modified to make autocentric development have to apply for PUDs and variances.  Luckily, over the next year or so, Jacksonville's land use and zoning will be modified to support the goals of the Mobility Plan.

Is that the next thing COJ Planning and Development(whatever it's called, Killingsworth's dept) is focusing on?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
From my understanding, its one of the next things.  However, it remains to be seen how these plans will be impacted by the new mayoral administration.

myfroyo

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »
The frozen yogurt shop in Tapestry Park, offering exotic unique organic yogurt flavors, is located right across the street from III Forks between U-Organic and The Roses Pasta Shop. You can sample our yogurt for free. We are amazed on the turnaround and acceptance of these delicious flavors like Guanabana, Naranjilla, Maracuya, and our specialty Mora. There is also our customer's favorites Vanilla creamy or tart, Dark Chocolate, Taro, Pink Grapefruit, Green Apple, Green Tea, Honeydew, etc.

It is self-serve so you are in control of how much yogurt and toppings you want to enjoy. There is a variety of toppings like cereals, nuts, candy, fruit, chocolate and caramel syrups and fresh fruit. We recently added waffle cones, fruit salads that can be topped with frozen yogurt and our favorite froyo parfaits. If you prefer you can also get a yogurt smoothie or shake made with any combination of yogurt and toppings.

Please visit us and try our healthy frozen treat made with authentic organic yogurt with more that 46 billion probiotic cultures good for your digestive system and many health benefits and help us support the environment by using eco-friendly utensils.

http://www.facebook.com/MoraFrozenYogurt