Author Topic: The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Alvin Brown  (Read 11461 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Alvin Brown
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »
The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Alvin Brown

The center of major waterways and the hub of transportation - Jacksonville is truly a great city with growing potential. We are at a time where harnessing the power of our local resources and creating new opportunities for families, education and economic development can reinvigorate the city of Jacksonville.

As your mayor I will remain committed to the issues most important to you, our families, and the vitality of the place we call home.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-apr-the-issues-by-mayoral-candidate-alvin-brown

tufsu1

Re: The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Alvin Brown
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
Alvin Brown's platform has grown considerably over the past few months....and he is clearly in line with many of the ideas suggested by Audrey Moran....so, I'm with Alvin!

Garden guy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
I just wish he'd stop screaming jesus every ten minutes.

wsansewjs

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »
If I ever meet Alvin Brown, I would ask him to drop the religion stuff when he is debating, preaching every line, and public places because it is scaring few of us, non-religious folks, off. I adore and love Brown's platform and he makes it appealing to vote for him. I don't mean to ask him to drop it all, but just to tone it down little abit. I know it is part of who he is and I absolutely respect him for him.

The bottom line is it is not always every time when a faith revolves around a person. We see Alvin have strong faith in his belief, and it is a measure of his strength in how he can perform his duty in his brain, heart, and soul.

He's a fabulous candidate to vote for compared to Mike Hogan.

-Josh
"When I take over JTA, the PCT'S will become artificial reefs and thus serve a REAL purpose. - OCKLAWAHA"

"Stephen intends on running for office in the next election (2014)." - Stephen Dare

Garden guy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:25 AM »
I hope so

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
It's hard to imagine two platforms with a starker difference in level of seriousness.  If Brown can pull this off, I'll stop feeling so badly about losing Audrey.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

mtraininjax

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »
Good start of information MJ! However, where is the section on the lessons learned about rebuilding New Orleans, another port town and how or what Brown did to revitalize their port traffic after the hurricane? If he claims he wants to grow the port, how did he grow it in New Orleans?
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
Smart Smart Smart.  Well he can scream Jesus all he wants as long as he gets the job done right.  Hell better than the other guy screaming Jesus and not planning to do anything.  It really seems like he has a strong plan looking very similar to Moran.  I think if he spoke up earlier he would have done much better. 

wsansewjs

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:21 AM »
I wonder the "stupid" voters who read about both candidates' platforms, and could most of them got scared/intimidated by the overwhelming information of Brown's compared to Hogan's simpler, fear-inducing information?

I think we, smartasses on MetroJacksonville, needs to break Brown's information into simpler but non-fear-striking / approachable for our fellow "stupid" voters.

-Josh
"When I take over JTA, the PCT'S will become artificial reefs and thus serve a REAL purpose. - OCKLAWAHA"

"Stephen intends on running for office in the next election (2014)." - Stephen Dare

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John Website
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
Also new after looking back at Hogan's Issues- somebody needs to tell they guy he isn't running for federal office.  I cannot find too many things that he says that will directly respond to the local issues.  If Hogan does mention points- his points are not strategic or in any kind of detail.  Even if he is far to the right- I still would like to hear (in detail) how he plans to fix fix fix

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John Website
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »
I wonder the "stupid" voters who read about both candidates' platforms, and could most of them got scared/intimidated by the overwhelming information of Brown's compared to Hogan's simpler, fear-inducing information?

I think we, smartasses on MetroJacksonville, needs to break Brown's information into simpler but non-fear-striking / approachable for our fellow "stupid" voters.

-Josh

maybe that is where the Jesus comes in! ???

mtraininjax

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
If Hogan does mention points- his points are not strategic or in any kind of detail.

Isn't that how Peyton got elected? All Peyton said he would do is run the City like a business, which we all know was a bust. I am not 100% for Hogan, maybe 60%. I agree, I'd like for him to say more and be direct, maybe the debates will get that out of him, or not. But he does have more local experience, good or bad, than Brown. He has been tax collector, on the city hall, in the FL legislature and I believe he knows Jacksonville, good and bad, better than Brown does, who has very little direct credit on the resume here in Jacksonville.

If I had to choose, I'd choose a person with local experience. I already chose a person with NO experience and that nightmare continues, now in its 8th year. Not going to do that again.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

Jaxson

• Peace of Mind blog
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
If Hogan does mention points- his points are not strategic or in any kind of detail.

Isn't that how Peyton got elected? All Peyton said he would do is run the City like a business, which we all know was a bust. I am not 100% for Hogan, maybe 60%. I agree, I'd like for him to say more and be direct, maybe the debates will get that out of him, or not. But he does have more local experience, good or bad, than Brown. He has been tax collector, on the city hall, in the FL legislature and I believe he knows Jacksonville, good and bad, better than Brown does, who has very little direct credit on the resume here in Jacksonville.

If I had to choose, I'd choose a person with local experience. I already chose a person with NO experience and that nightmare continues, now in its 8th year. Not going to do that again.

I would not go as far as assert that Alvin Brown is the second coming of John Peyton.  As a matter of fact, the 'local experience' argument would justify a third term for Peyton.  After all, he has eight years of experience in city government, right?
As for me, I would not accuse Alvin Brown of being completely ignorant of issues that affect our city.  I would think that empowerment zones and urban policy may be issues that are relevant to Jacksonville. 
John Louis Meeks, Jr.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »

Let me see if I am getting this right: You don't like Peyton, so you are supporting the guy who has less of a plan and is even further to the right? It seems like you are starting out in default support of the Repub, and require the Dem to really convince you for your vote. Why not just look at them both objectively. Who cares what the letter next to the name is? Which one has the more attractive, well-thought out plan? Which one has a plan that can be taken up by the mayor at all?

Brown's issue statement looks great. If he gets half that done, Jax would be 10 times better (yes, that was a scientific statement).

FayeforCure

• Amsterdam: Persistent, Courageous, Compassionate
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »
Quick question Metro Jacksonville:

Why is it that Alvin Brown gets discussed after MH? EVERY time!!!!

Let's start keeping it in alphabetical order, so we don't look like we are a** kissing  ;D
In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.
Basic American bi-partisan tradition: Dwight Eisenhower and Harry Truman were honorary chairmen of Planned Parenthood