A Different Era: Downtown Jacksonville
Metro Jacksonville shares sights and scenes of downtown Jacksonville taken during the early 20th century.
Published September 2, 2013 in History
4. Forsyth at Laura Street. The Mercantile Exchange Bank eventually was expanded and is now known as the Laura Trio's Marble Bank.
5. The same Forsyth Street scene a few years later.
6. Hemming Plaza. The Windsor Hotel in the background is now the site of the federal courthouse.
Follow us on the web!
. You must be logged in to comment on this story.
What are the benefits of having a MetroJacksonville.com account?
- Share your opinion by posting comments on stories that interest you.
- Stay up to date on all of the latest issues affecting your neighborhood.
- Create a network of friends working towards a better Jacksonville.
Already have an account? Login now to comment.