Purchase Tickets For Upcoming Final Friday Pub Crawl: Friday, November 30, 2012
The next scheduled pub crawl, which will include additional venues, will be held on November 30, 2012. Tickets are available now.
Buy a ticket now!
Pub Crawl An Example Of Tactical Urbanism In Action
Tactical urbanism is a movement focused on the small stuff. Whereas city planners and developers try to make sweeping, impactful changes through large-scale design and construction, tactical urbanism seeks to make changes one sidewalk, one street corner, one block at a time. And the results can be exciting, witty, successful and extremely affordable.
The Metro Jacksonville Downtown Riverside Pub Crawl is a local example of tactical urbanism. Accepting that large-scale projects to stimulate vibrancy may take years to implement, the crawl is an instant solution to stimulating and exposing vibrant life in Jacksonville's urban core. Though temporary in nature, this event reflects what permanent, human-centered changes could look like with simple coordination and regularly scheduled events.
Tactical Urbanism has the five following characteristics:
1. A deliberate, phased approach to instigating change;
2. The offering of local solutions for local planning challenges;
3. Short-term commitment and realistic expectations;
4. Low-risks, with possibly a high reward; and
5. The development of social capital between citizens and the building of organizational capacity between public-private institutions, non-profits and their constituents.
November 2, 2012 Pub Crawl Schedule
5:30-7:00 Check-in and pre-party at the Landing OR Riverside's The Garage.
9:50-10:30 The Loft
11:15-12:00 The Garage
$15 admission entitled guests to two free drink tickets, free cover at all participating venues, and complimentary trolley transportation between stops.
Sights & Scenes