Saturday, September 20, 2014

Urban Construction Update - June 2012

A brief look at the status of various projects under construction in and around Downtown Jacksonville during the month of June 2012.

Published June 26, 2012 in News      19 Comments    Open printer friendly version of this article Print Article

DOWNTOWN

Court Yard Cafe

Tenant buildout of the the Court Yard Cafe continues in the Courthouse parking garage at Adams and Pearl Streets.

Robert Shafer & Associates, P.A.

Tenant buildout of Robert Shafer & Associates, P.A. in the Courthouse parking garage is now underway.

Adams Street Streetscaping

A small streetscaping project is underway on Adams Street in the vicinity of the new county courthouse.

Duval County Courthouse

Work still remains on the conversion of the old US Post Office into the State Attorney's Office.

7-Eleven - Julia & Forsyth

Interior buildout continues at the BB&T parking garage.

7-Eleven - Union & Main

Construction is continues.

Nature's Table at Everbank Center (second floor)

Work is underway on the signage for Everbank Center and a new restaurant in the tower.

Nature's Table Cafe will operate and manage the refurbished restaurant and cafe space on the second floor of Everbank Center.  The $1 million project is projected to open in September 2012.  According to Dick Larsen, President and Founder of the 75-restaurant chain, "In over 35 years of doing business, I have never been more exicited about a project than this one with Everbank Center."

Baptist/Wolfson's Tower

1 2 3 NEXT

June 26, 2012, 08:23:48 AM
I think you guys should have highlighted all the new stores in the Landing.

Dapperdan

June 26, 2012, 08:30:27 AM
Looks like the garage retail is leasing out fast in front of the courthouse. I have a feeling it would be the same for the garage being proposed in front of the Landing as well.

simms3

June 26, 2012, 08:38:34 AM
Finally comments available!  Very excited for 1234 Oak, Derby on the Park and the Kickbacks expansion.  Those are the incremental infill/"rejuvenating" developments Jacksonville needs moreso than the large proposals and the fugly Baptist/Veterans Affairs/courthouse projects.

1234 is still my favorite development in Jacksonville and it's looking great!

Dapperdan

June 26, 2012, 09:06:48 AM
Does 1234 have any confirmed tenants yet?

June 26, 2012, 09:11:50 AM
^^Chew is all I know of.

Bill Hoff

June 26, 2012, 09:19:52 AM
Julie's Urban Grocery has been postponed indefinitely. Also, a hair stylist appears to be moving into 8th & Main as well. Also x 2, Paul Davidson Restoration should be open in August. The rain has been delaying work.

acme54321

June 26, 2012, 09:38:35 AM
Thanks for the update Bill, I was going to ask about the grocery because there has been no movement at the San marco location either.

June 26, 2012, 09:54:03 AM
That sucks. What's the story?

cline

June 26, 2012, 10:02:06 AM
Really looking forward to the Salty Fig.

June 26, 2012, 10:52:22 AM
Really looking forward to the Salty Fig.

The menu will be inspired by Ravenous Pig in Winter Park (one of my favorite restaurants).  Salty Fig also has a food truck that will be out very shortly.

coredumped

June 26, 2012, 11:02:07 AM
I think you guys should have highlighted all the new stores in the Landing.

I agree, seems like an important part of downtown to leave out

Doctor_K

June 26, 2012, 12:16:14 PM
I think you guys should have highlighted all the new stores in the Landing.

I agree, seems like an important part of downtown to leave out

I don't disagree in principle, but the title of the thread/presentation is Urban "CONSTRUCTION" Update.  Was there any construction involved at the Landing? Like, adding on or updating the actual structure? Or did new stores just open up?

New stores opening at the Landing is great - don't get me wrong!  Just don't know if that'd qualify as 'construction'?

June 26, 2012, 12:57:13 PM
well, those stores at the Landing do demo and rebuild, just like the 7-11 at Julia and Forsyth is doing. They just don't happen to be visible from the street.

jaxlore

June 26, 2012, 02:39:12 PM
Too bad about Julia's was looking forward to the San Marco location.

coredumped

June 26, 2012, 02:49:03 PM
I think you guys should have highlighted all the new stores in the Landing.

I agree, seems like an important part of downtown to leave out

True, but then does Nature's table qualify as construction? How about the Pour House? Those are really just remodels, same with the landing shops.

sandyshoes

June 26, 2012, 03:02:51 PM
Bummer about Julie's Urban Grocery - her website has been taken down, also. Any further info?

June 26, 2012, 04:27:22 PM
I think you guys should have highlighted all the new stores in the Landing.

I agree, seems like an important part of downtown to leave out
I'll make sure the Landing is added to the list on the next update.

CityLife

June 26, 2012, 07:57:52 PM
Julie's Urban Grocery looks like it isn't going to happen, at least anytime soon because of health issues with the prospective owner. Out of respect to her, lets please try not to speculate about the specifics.

June 27, 2012, 02:12:44 PM
Here is the floor plan for the 7-11 under construction at Forsyth & Julia Streets.