Rendering of currently approved Bahri proposal.
On August 26, 2010, the Downtown Development Review Board approved the design of the Bahri Gas and Convenience Store at the high profile intersection of Main and Union Streets. The proposed project included a cafe/restaurant with outdoor dining and serving areas along Union and Main Streets.
Site plan of currently approved Bahri proposal.
The project site is presently under contract for sale for a new 7-Eleven store with modifications to the plan shown above. The largest changes involve the elimination of outdoor seating along Union Street, the elimination of a canopy connecting the building to the gas pump canopy, and a reduction in the convenience store's overall square footage.
Proposed 7-Eleven site plan.
Proposed 7-Eleven elevation facing Main Street.
Proposed 7-Eleven elevation facing Union Street.
Proposed 7-Eleven elevation facing State Street.
Rendering of proposed 7-Eleven gas pump canopy.
Approval of the proposed 7-Eleven project has been recommended based on the following conditions:
1. Applicant to receive a City Council approved Redevelopment Agreement and DRI/TCEA Allocation of Development Rights Agreement and any required amendments prior to issuance of building permit.
2. Applicant to receive approval for multiple signs on the north (State Street), east (Main Street), south (Union Street) and west side of the development. The signs will include building identification and building activities and will be placed on the building as identified by the architectural drawings submitted prior to Final DDRB Approval.
3. Applicant to receive approval for revised reduction of building square footage and removal of canopy connecting to building from gas operations.
4. Applicant to provide Landscape and Streetscape drawings prior to Final DDRB Approval.
5. Applicant to provide mitigation for elimination of outside seating area facing Union Street prior to final DDRB approval.
6. Applicant to apply for and receive a deviation to eliminate entrances on Main Street and Union Street frontages prior to Final DDRB Approval.
The Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) will consider 7-Eleven's request for conceptual review on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 2:00pm. The meeting will be held at 1 West Adams Street (Police and Fire Pension Fund Building), Suite 200.
Development Update by Ennis Davis.