Tuesday, September 30, 2014

River City Marketplace

River City Marketplace is Jacksonville's only major shopping center north of the St. Johns River. It opened its doors on November 17, 2006. Major anchors include Wal-mart Supercenter, Lowes, Hollywood Theaters and Gander Mountain. Currently, the 879,001 square foot center has 69 stores. When built out, that number could increase to more than 100.

Published December 25, 2008 in Development      30 Comments    Open printer friendly version of this article Print Article

For more information visit: http://www.ramco-gershenson.com/

Photo Tour by Ennis Davis

The Compound

December 25, 2008, 11:06:05 AM
Where is this located? I have never heard of it.

Charles Hunter

December 25, 2008, 11:13:07 AM
Between I-95 and Main Street, at the Duval Road (Airport) exit.

ProjectMaximus

December 25, 2008, 01:10:43 PM
head to the airport and you cant miss it.

BridgeTroll

December 25, 2008, 02:14:29 PM
I love Gander mountain!

deathstar

December 25, 2008, 09:15:27 PM
I was just there last week, hit up Gander Mountain before heading to the Trap & Skeet club with my Grandfather. I looked at images from Google Maps and Live Maps, very interesting to see how fast that area was built.

RAIL19

December 25, 2008, 09:18:08 PM
It is about time for River City update, but the Hyatt is on Duval Rd not at River City. There is an Aloft Hotel Being built at River City(see Starbucks photo). You Left out the Apartments Being built, and the ones that are built.Great photos!

tndmedia

December 27, 2008, 01:02:42 PM
As a native of the northside, AJ Wright and Starbucks on Dunn Avenue and Rivercity Marketplace was a big deal, I think Regency is kind is feeling the effects of the new mall by the closing of so many stores. Now, North Florida and South Georgia residents now have shopping, restaurants and a movie theater in their own area. All we need now is a big chain bookstore.

copperfiend

December 27, 2008, 10:07:22 PM
This has been a great thing for the Northside. It seems like every time I drive by there are new restaurants and shops.

02roadking

December 28, 2008, 08:30:08 AM
That Boston's place website looks interesting.

JeffreyS

December 28, 2008, 01:13:39 PM
I hadn't thought of this as contributing to Regency's slip.  I guess for the northside shopper it is closer and with 9A Saint Johns Town Center is just as easy.

RAIL19

December 28, 2008, 11:07:15 PM
Boston's is great!... Great food and Great atmosphere. Try the pasta and pizzas.

Beloki

December 29, 2008, 09:07:28 AM
I hate the walkability at this place... you have to take your car from retailer to retailer...
When will we ever learn?? ???

copperfiend

December 29, 2008, 09:33:23 AM

I'll have to check it out. I've never even heard of it.

GRITS

March 26, 2009, 10:07:56 AM
I was born and raised on the Northside and feel that it's about time we had some decent shopping.  Unlike St. Johns Town Center there is ample parking.  In response to another post - you don't have to drive from place to place.  It isn't that far to walk - a great way to get some exercise!  Developers take note - I really, really want to see a Barnes and Noble and Bath and Body Works added.

Deuce

March 26, 2009, 10:09:39 AM
B&N at River City! I concur!

mtraininjax

March 28, 2009, 02:10:36 AM

Regency will rise from the ashes, and be stronger than ever. It has the population density that the airport can only dream of. Just wait for all the sand to be built on. It will happen and it will be new yet again.

RAIL19

April 21, 2009, 11:55:29 PM
THERE IS A NEW EATERY BUING BULT NEXT TOO BOSTONS WONDER WHAT IT IS? AND THE ALOFT HOTEL IS ABOUT 75% DONE.!

I-10east

April 22, 2009, 02:29:50 AM

Totally agree! Boston's Philly Chesse steak pizza (pretty recently new on the menu) is best pizza that I ever tasted! Nice big screen HD TV's, and great staff. If you're wit' your companion, maybe you'll do the dining side, but if you're chillin' wit' the fellas like I was, gotta do the sports bar section. Awesome Place! :)

regencyresident

September 24, 2009, 10:12:04 AM
The building next to Boston's is an Olive Garden, and thank God. I can't eat at the place ever again, bring on the real Italian food!!!

Mattius92

April 08, 2010, 12:15:49 PM
Its about time they have a proper Movie Theater on the Northside. Sure beats driving to the Regency AMC.

rockmanbby536

January 16, 2012, 11:06:16 AM
I enjoy river city, it saves time instead of going to regency or avenues all the time.

what they should add to the marketplace is a barnes & noble, and aslo a pollo tropical that would be so great!

BRING ON THE BOOK STORE

wsansewjs

January 16, 2012, 11:29:10 AM

And that new movie theater drives a massive blow to the business for AMC Regency. I wouldn't be surprised if AMC closes Regency or Orange Park, or consolidate their operations.

-Josh

cline

January 16, 2012, 11:38:00 AM
I'm pretty sure the OP AMC is doing quite well.

JeffreyS

January 16, 2012, 11:47:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the OP AMC is doing quite well.

That place is always full.

wsansewjs

January 16, 2012, 12:01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP AMC is doing quite well.

Not quite so especially with Orange Park Mall and the current state it is in.

St. Johns Town Center and River City Marketplace are fighting over the title of the "most visited" mall (Indoor / Outdoor ones) in Jacksonville.

-Josh

copperfiend

January 16, 2012, 12:04:50 PM
I don't have sales figures or anything but the OP AMC 24 is always busy whenever I have been. And the AMC Regency seems to do pretty good business considering how dead the mall is.

cline

January 16, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP AMC is doing quite well.

Not quite so especially with Orange Park Mall and the current state it is in.

-Josh

I was referring to the theater- not the mall itself.  Clearly, RCMP and SJTC are more successful as malls that OP or Regency.

copperfiend

January 16, 2012, 01:38:24 PM
As said this in another thread last week. But I don't think you can simply lump the OP and Regency malls together. The OP mall is clearly more successful. In recent years, they have added tenants and haven't lost any major ones that I am aware of. Where as Regency seems to be losing them left and right. I also would not consider the RCMP as a competitor to the OP mall anyway. It seems more similar to the "shopping center districts" that you find in Fleming Island and Oakleaf.

KenFSU

January 16, 2012, 02:29:53 PM
I don't think the OPM mall or movie theater are in any trouble at all. Both seem to be booming every time that I'm out there.

I-10east

January 09, 2014, 11:48:02 AM
NASCAR driver Tony Stewart kicked off the grand opening of the new Xfinity Store (former Banana's location) at the RCMP last night. He signed autographs, and there was a long line on the side of the store. Kinda funny that the Bass Pro Chevy was just across the lot from Gander Mtn.

www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/NASCAR-champion-Tony-Stewart-in-Jacksonville/wwaJJidmfkSurMXSi30Y6A.cspx